The Republic of Georgia lately has been one of the destinations for international studies, obviously for been a safe environment as well has had low living and study cost. If you have been nursing the ambition of study in any of the higher education of learning in the country, we have helped compile the list of top universities and colleges to pick from, especially for international studies. Before we begin, let’s look at an overview of the country.
List Of Top Universities In Georgia
Brief About Republic of Georgia
Georgia is a sovereign state located in the Caucasus, where Europe meets the Middle East. It is bordered by Russia to the north and east, Azerbaijan to the south-east, Armenia to the south, Turkey to the south-west and the Black Sea to the west. The country used to be a member of the defunct USSR, with a very rich history and culture.
The capital of the country is Tbilisi and its official language is Georgia. Its totally population is roughly around 4.3million with a total area of 69,700 km². Georgia is a member of the United Nations, the Council of Europe, the World Trade Organization, the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), the Community of Democratic Choice, the GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development, and the Asian Development Bank. However, it is not currently a member of the European Union.
Also Read: Sign Up for Russia Yahoo Mail Account | (+7) Yahoo Mail Registration
The country education is a model against the European system of education, with lots of world-class learning institutions. Living cost in the country is extremely affordable, and the environment is friendly and safe to live for all.
What are the Reasons To Study In The Republic Of Georgia
1. Certificates are Globally Recognized: The system of education of the Republic of Georgia is modelled against the European system of education, which obviously affords it to have world-class teaching and learning atmosphere. Certificates issued therein can be used to secure jobs in Georgia, Europe or anywhere in the world.
2. No Language Barrier: Although, Georgian is the official language of the country, most of her citizens and residents can communicate well in English. Courses are delivered using English in most of the top universities and you don’t need an English test score to get admission in the country. However, every school does conduct interviews to test if the candidate can communicate well in English.
3. Less Stressful Admissions Process: Georgia takes applications all year round and within 40 days, your admission will be processed. There are about 50,000 international students in the country, most of which are from Asia, Africa and Europe.
4. Safety: The country is in fact the ninth-safest country in the world at present. Although, it has been a warring land a year back, especially the Russian-Georgian war, which is now but a thing of the past. You can easily navigate your ways while moving around without fear of any kind.
5. Affordability: The cost of living in the country is relatively low compared to Europe, as well as its study cost. So, if you want a cheap environment for your study, Georgia is the place. You will even have an opportunity of having the feel of Europe, the Arab world and Asia in particular.
List of Top Universities and Colleges in Georgia for International Students
There are up to 80 higher institutions of learning in the Republic of Georgia. Here is the List Of Top Universities In Georgia, the best ones which have the presence of international students:
1. Tbilisi State University (TSU) : The Tbilisi State University (TSU) is officially called Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. It is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the metropolis of Tbilisi, Georgia capital, and was established in 1982. It has a total population of students of about 30,000, including international students. TSU is the best higher educational institution in Georgia, and it offers various courses in Bachelor’s degrees, Master degrees as well as Doctorate degrees. TSU provides scholarships, financial aids, exchange programs, online courses and distance learning to deserving students all over the world.
2. Tbilisi State Medical University: The Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) is one of the leading medical schools in Georgia. It was formerly known as Tbilisi State Medical Institute during its creation in 1930 and was accredited to be a university in 1992 which is now known as Tbilisi State Medical University. The prestigious institution of learning is made up of five faculties which are: Medicine; Dentistry; Pharmacy; Public health; Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. It has almost 10,000 students, of which 25% are international students. It is the largest medical institution in Georgia as well as Eastern Europe. It is recognized by National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization Who), and World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
3. Akaki Tsereteli State University (ATSU): This was founded in 1930 and located in Kutaisi, Georgia. Its mission is to prepare professionals and leaders who will contribute to the development of their country and the world by creating, accumulating and spreading knowledge. It has 9 faculties with quite a number of international students. It is notably known for its medical courses which are recognized by National Medical Commission (NMC), World Health Organization Who) and the likes.
4. University of Georgia: The University of Georgia is one of the best universities in the Republic of Georgia. It is located in Tbilisi and was founded in 2002 by two professors from Tbilisi State University and Georgian Technical University, the University of Georgia was originally a Center for American Studies that would offer the MA degree in American Studies. Its mission is to expand boundaries and educate a person to promote the goodwill of the government and humankind at large. It currently operates in six schools and offers up to 50 courses that cut across Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and PhD programs.
5. Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University (BSU): This non-profit public higher-education institution was established in 1945 and located in Batumi. It has a relatively low population of students, which is approximately 6,000 compared to others in this list. It provides varieties of courses at both Undergraduate and Graduate levels. In addition, it has several academic and non-academic facilities and services which are provided to students, these include; a library, as well as administrative services.
6. Caucasus University: Caucasus University is a private university established in 2004 and located in Tbilisi, Georgia. It was birthed on the foundation of Caucasus School of Business, which was established in 1998 in partnership with Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA, during the country’s transitional period. It currently consists of eight schools which are: the School of Business, the School of Law, the School of Media, the School of Technology, the School of Governance, the School of Social Sciences, the School of Tourism and the School of Healthcare. Caucasus University has about 5,000 students from within and outside Georgia. It is a member of the International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD), Global Compact, International Association of Law Schools, and International Chamber of Commerce in Georgia. Also, it maintains active partnerships with several international education institutions which include ADA University (Baku, Azerbaijan), Khazar University (Baku, Azerbaijan), Grenoble Graduate School of Business (Grenoble, France), Texas A&M University (Texas, USA), among others.
7. Free University of Tbilisi: This is a private research university established in 2007 by Kakha Bendukidze, located in Tbilisi. It provides opportunities for quality education for every motivated adult, regardless of financial conditions, believing that clarity of purpose and the future are essential to any human endeavour. Notable courses in the institution are International Relations, Business Administration, Architecture, Governance and Social Sciences, Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Law, Visual Arts and Design. There about 4,000 students studying in the school which cut across Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and PhD programs.
8. International Black Sea University: This university was established in 1995 and was opened by the second president of Georgia Eduard Shevardnadze and the former prime minister of Turkey Tansu Çiller in accordance with the decree of the Council of Ministers and the Licence of Opening given by the Ministry of Education of Georgia. Its mission is to provide training for Georgian and foreign students in scientific, technical, and professional fields of study. It has five faculties which are Business Management, Social Sciences, Education and Humanities, Computer Technology and Engineering, and Law.
Of the over 50 universities available in the Republic of Georgia, only a few take in international students, obviously, due to reasons that they couldn’t offer English – taught courses. The ones with large numbers of international students afford students this option. We have above the list of the few schools that accommodates international students and also give grants and scholarships. While thinking of which school to apply to as an international student, you can check out this list.